Pages

Saturday, July 7, 2012

Food Review: Kombi Rocks @ Yio Chu Kang

Girlfriend heard of this place and decided to head down here for dinner one night. The place is cool. Lots of retro stuff. The decoration is simple and pleasant. The place itself is not too small. I went there on a week day night at about 7pm so there wasn't much people there yet I guess. We went in and took a seat. Some random guy gave us a menu and we took a look at it. I found the choices really limited. Pricing was terrible as well. Everything was extremely expensive. The best part is, they served mostly local dishes like Fried Rice and stuff which was I think more $8. Sorry, I forgot the price. But having a famous seafood restaurant just maybe 50 steps away from your stall and charging such prices is not going to help the business.

We still ordered anyway. She ordered Iced Barley, I got a Cappucino. I also ordered a plate of pork ribs and a plate of fried rice. It was really sad and disappointing. Seriously. It was one of the worst I have tried. The fried rice was stale. It had extremely little ingredients. The rice itself was tasteless and did not have flavor whatsoever. The pork ribs I think cost more than $15. It looked good, but when I took the first bite, I was already quite put off. The meat was slightly chalky. And I know that when old pork is used for cooking, it tends to give this chalky taste in your mouth. It was horrible. The sauce the pork was in was good and simple. A tad too salty but fine. But again, the meat was not fresh! That was really bad.

Overall, the place is quite chill. I guess if you are looking to have some drinks, thats the place for you. Other than that, just head down to any zhe char stall for better food.















SimpleMakan

1 comments:

Bri said...

My dad asked the waiter for some recommendations and we tried their wok hei hor fun, thai fish cake and herh pioh soup which were nice. Service hit a road bump 'cos the kitchen lost our order and they took a while to cook ours. -_-

Post a Comment