Pages

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Food Review: Uno Beef House @ Toa Payoh

Alright, first of all, I do not take beef. But this is the name of a western food stall located at Toa Payoh. Quite a famous shop in a coffee shop. I was with my friend and he heard about it before. We were not doing much, so we decided to go there to try it out. There were quite a lot of people at the coffee shop itself and everyone was patronising them. I looked through the menu and decided to have their pork chop. He had their chicken chop.

Even though it was crowded, they had a very fast and efficient system put in place, so we were served relatively fast. We only waited for about 10-15 minutes. Seeing the number of people, I expected to wait much longer.

It was the typical western food you get from any other place, only difference was the mashed potato. Over here, they rolled the mashed potato into a ball, covered it with fine breadcrumbs and deep fried it. I t was different, but not very special in terms of taste. It was, well, just mashed potato. And I was they put in too much of butter, which gave it a sick after taste. The meats were both cooked well and tasted good. But really, there was not much difference from the norm. I felt the western food from Cafe 107 at Serangoon North was way better. The pork chop was so so, it was not try tender and the black pepper sauce they put over it was just too common in terms of taste. The chicken chop was also very normal. I found it quite thin. I feel that meats should be a wee bit thick to allow you to taste the tenderness and juiciness.

Overall, it was really no different from any ordinary shop. Would I go again just to eat there? No. Would I eat there if I was in the area and it was time for a meal? Yes, maybe.


SimpleMakan

0 comments:

Post a Comment